it's been a rough few days in the Kahaialii household, not gonna lie. ***warning: if you've got a weak stomach or don't care to engage in somewhat normal (when sick) bodily fluid extraction tales, keep moving pal. don't worry, I'll completely understand.
Thursday Brandon went to the docs for an ear infection. Friday he woke up with what looked like pink eye. picked up his prescription meds...okay, we'll be fine. early Saturday morning nahe awoke several times...to puke all over herself - and the bed. not to worry, these types of things are to be expected when you have children.
before she got up for the day (she slept in later than usual due to her all-nighter vomiting sessions, go figure), I had to head into Kaneohe to go to the dentist for some relief on an insanely painful toothache...but not before giving the hubs some reminders to throw the bedding in the washing machine then dropping off the kids at the in-laws so he could go to work. whew! i got some temporary pain relief for my toothache and it hasn't bothered me since. sweeeeet.
nahe seemed better later in the day (dancing and entertaining as usual) so i fed her some luau stew dinner from granny....totally. wrong. move. that night the little girl graced us with lovely projectile waste directly from her mouth onto our off-white couch. alright missie - now you're pushin' it.
the next day was Sunday. and Brandon and I were asked to speak in sacrament meeting. it didn't go so well...not up to my kamehameha speech class standards anyway. I know it's not ideal, but I think it's possible that I had other things on my mind. I still had a Sunday school class to teach after my talk as well as worry about my sick child. gaaah!
then Monday rolls around...and I wake up with this nauseating headache. I hear ahonui puking into the toilet, and I know immediately that I must do the same. I cringe at the thought because I haven't barfed in...I honestly can't remember the last time I barfed! that kinda thing is not for me. but I did. several times yesterday. and it was not the bizzzz. but at least it was done classy and clean directly into the John. ;-) take notes my nahe-girl.
sooo ahonui and I spent the greater part of yesterday in bed together. precious mommy-son time...sleeping and barfing. downing Gatorade and pepto bismol to fill our empty bellies.
I'm hoping that this streak of nasty bugs, infections, toothaches, and sacrament talks stressing out my family will depart soon and faraway. because I got a buttload of dirty laundry and dishes sittin here and it ain't cleaning itself.

No comments:
Post a Comment